Tuesday, June 13, 2006

She's trying to quit.

In my time here, I've read the following books:
Confessions of a Shopaholic (too tired to go find the book)
Dress Your Family in Denim and Courderoy (David Sedaris)
Me Talk Pretty One Day (David Sedaris)
Life of Pi (Yann Martel)
Little Earthquakes (Jennifer Weiner)

I think I should've brought more reading material! I talked Keith into 3 games of Yahtzee today. Three!

We visited the baby again today. She was an absolute doll. She has these crazy two front teeth, and she smiles with her whole mouth and looks like she wants to eat somebody. She was very tired at the end of our visit, and hungry, and she threw herself on the floor and gave a good dramatic cry. I loved it. She is doing well adjusting to Keith (probably the first man she's ever seen), but when she's tired, it's me she wants. Her voice is hilarious; she sounds raspy like she's been smoking for 10 years. Reminds me, work colleagues, of a certain lady we once knew - "HI GIRLS!" So getting the baby to laugh is well worth it, if for her smoker's voice alone.

We were just able to send our information to Vanderbilt a few minutes ago. Hopefully they will respond to us ASAP regarding their opinion on her medical file. It took 2 hours to upload five pictures. Yes, you heard right. So I'm ready to shut this machine down and get some sleep. We've moved into the hotel, and we ate dinner tonight with 4 other American couples. Very good for the ears and soul to hear the English.

More tomorrow, and a picture of the baby if we decide to commit.

1 Comments:

At 1:55 AM, Blogger Fultz'N_it said...

Sounds wonderful. I can't wait to see her picture. We are praying for you guys. I'm fully assured that this is your daughter.
God bless you all!
Love you!
Moriah, Luke, John and Tamara

 

Post a Comment

<< Home