Saturday, June 24, 2006

Groundhog Day

The past few days have been second verse, same as the first. Our routine is set, and we don't really deviate from it. Sleep in until last possible moment, shower and throw hair up (too sweaty to bother fixing), then off to the Baby House at noon. Play with cute baby until 3 PM, then back to hotel for lunch, nap and possible reading. Dinner around 7 PM, then possibly watch a movie in the room, or watch the same news stories on EuroNews or BBC over and over again (only channels we get in English). Try to upload pictures. Then bed anywhere between 10 PM and midnight. Every day pretty much the same story. It's been raining for the past three days, so the weather has cooled some. For that, we are thankful.

About three days ago I hurt my back somehow, no idea how, but I've been in awful pain since then. I'm living on Tylenol and Advil. Some of the other Americans suggested that I try the hotel masseuse. I resisted for a few days, because I've had one other massage in my life, and I hated it. It was some weird guy who was all New Agey and kept ringing a gong throughout the massage. But I finally relented, due to the pain, and booked a massage yesterday with the lady masseuse. She worked on my back for about 45 minutes, and it cost $12. Not a bad deal! But I still am not a massage person. It either tickled or hurt the entire time. There were times I thought she was trying to kill me. I think it helped my back a little bit, but waking up this morning I am just as sore as ever.

Today is our last official day of bonding with Eva. Tomorrow we can apply for court. We are anticipating a court date of 6/30, this upcoming Friday. I'd love to have it even sooner, but probably not possible. There are three American families all applying tomorrow for court. The crowd here will be thinning out in about a week, ourselves hopefully included!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home