Friday, July 21, 2006

Round 2 - Return to Petro

I made it! After flying:

1.5 hours Nashville to Dulles DC
6.5 hour layover in DC
8 hours DC to Frankfurt
6 hours Frankfurt to Astana
1.5 hours Astana to Almaty
4 hours of sleep and a shower in Almaty
5 hours Almaty to Petropavl

And I was at the baby house at 2:35 PM to pick up Eva. She recognized me, I'm sure of it. We've so far had a bath, a nap, dinner (see picture of beautiful baby all dressed up for dinner), and a walk to the grocery and back. She's in bed now, but not going to sleep. It's hard with no crib, and me sitting here on the couch right beside her. So far we're getting along great, having lots of fun. Her first bath wasn't a great hit, but she wasn't scared, so that's good. And finally, a kid with enough hair to make a true shampoo mohawk!

The flights here were long, and I read three of my four books I brought. Probably okay, since I won't be doing much reading on the trip home.

Crap! She's sitting up again looking at me! How is this supposed to work again, with no crib in a hotel room? It's making me feel awful to put her to bed. She keeps trying to cry, but it's like she doesn't know how. Her face scrunches up, and then she buries it, and tries to muffle any noise that might come out. I guess crying didn't do her any good at the baby house. It's heart-breaking to watch.

I'm getting the feeling from our coordinator here that we may be extending our stay a little longer. I hope not, oh I hope not. I'm ready to get this child home.

And in a crib.

2 Comments:

At 2:28 AM, Blogger hogwired said...

I'm so glad you made it. What a trip! I hope that you can come home quickly and there's not too much red tape to go through.

Congratulations, she is such a sweetheart.

Melani

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger Coley said...

Look at how happy she is! It's obvious that she's glad to see her mommy again!

Robyn, I'm so excited for y'all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home